I brought up a load of clean clothes today (Tuesday is laundry day)
and Lilly was insistent about folding the towels. Now, there's
a story behind this....
and Lilly was insistent about folding the towels. Now, there's
a story behind this....


... The other day I was taking quite a few Pampered Chef
phone calls and Lilly always does really well when
I'm on the phone, but something was a little off that day.
First, she was playing with her beads up high on
the green table (so Haley couldn't reach) and she
proceeded to push them all off onto the floor.
Yes. Hundreds of beads all over the floor.
And then she couldn't wait two minutes for
me to get off the phone, she was hungry for lunch.
So, she went into the kitchen got the loaf of
bread and strawberry jam and brought it out
onto her green table.
Meanwhile, Mommy got off the phone, picked up
the hundreds of beads and got the vacuum out to
pick up the hundreds of crumbs. I was putting
the vacuum away when she came out and said
"Look! My bangs are out of my face!"
That's when I noticed the trail of hair behind her.
After scolding her, she ran upstairs and brought
down the clean towels from my basket of laundry.
I found this rather curious so I asked her
"What are you doing?" and she said
"I'm gonna fold the towels Mommy."
and I said "WHY??"
"Because I want to make you happy!"
And I had to smile =)
phone calls and Lilly always does really well when
I'm on the phone, but something was a little off that day.
First, she was playing with her beads up high on
the green table (so Haley couldn't reach) and she
proceeded to push them all off onto the floor.
Yes. Hundreds of beads all over the floor.
And then she couldn't wait two minutes for
me to get off the phone, she was hungry for lunch.
So, she went into the kitchen got the loaf of
bread and strawberry jam and brought it out
onto her green table.
Meanwhile, Mommy got off the phone, picked up
the hundreds of beads and got the vacuum out to
pick up the hundreds of crumbs. I was putting
the vacuum away when she came out and said
"Look! My bangs are out of my face!"
That's when I noticed the trail of hair behind her.
After scolding her, she ran upstairs and brought
down the clean towels from my basket of laundry.
I found this rather curious so I asked her
"What are you doing?" and she said
"I'm gonna fold the towels Mommy."
and I said "WHY??"
"Because I want to make you happy!"
And I had to smile =)




3 comments:
I think she folds towels better than I do :D
Wow, she really did a good job on her hair! I'm impressed! All girls cut their hair at some point in their lives. Me, I tried to do it w/ Crayola kids scissors!
Nice job Lilly! Sounds like you and Mom worked through your challenging day quite well!!
Post a Comment